Ovenly: Sweet and Salty Recipes from New York's Most Creative Bakery

Ovenly: Sweet and Salty Recipes from New York's Most Creative Bakery - Erin Patinkin, Agatha Kulaga

Book Blurb~

With lines out the door for their coveted Bloody Mary scones, pear and sour cherry cardamom pie, and caramel bacon hot tarts, New York's award-winning bakery Ovenly is world-renowned for their innovative and exquisite treats.

Using unexpected flavor combinations by playing with tradition, testing the limits of indulgence and perfecting the balance of savory and sweet—adding just a hint of spice—it's no wonder Ovenly consistently receives rave reviews and has dedicated cultlike fans and clientele.

The Ovenly cookbook is packed with all of their greatest hits—the best ever chocolate chip cookies; dense, crumbly shortbreads; smoky, beer-slicked caramel corn; buttery scones; rich, layered cakes; bacony peanuts—plus pages devoted to recipe riffs and spin-offs. As self-taught, curious cooks, Agatha Kulaga and Erin Patinkin have a straight-talking approach that is never too fussy and always encourages experimentation. Above all, they believe that cooking (and eating!) should be an adventure.

With tips and anecdotes, exquisite photos, and pantry and kitchen tool essentials, Ovenly contains experimental yet perfected recipes for the most inventive and out-of-this-world breakfast pastries, desserts, and snacks

~My Thoughts~

All I can really say is YUM and I think I gained about 10 pounds just reading this....talk about mouth watering recipes...from Coffee Cakes and Cookies to Spicy Bacon Caramel Corn....I started out tagging recipes but gave up...I think I want to try them all. The photo's are great and I love the step by step photo's for some of the more difficult things, very helpful to see it being done especially when it was not something I have made. I can't wait to try the recipes.

Book provided by Author/Publisher via NetGalley for an honest review