Mine to Keep

Mine to Keep  - Cynthia Eden

Love is the most dangerous obsession…

Skye Sullivan is trying to put the pieces of her life back together. She survived a brutal stalker and escaped his abduction, and now she is looking to the future—a future that includes Skye’s lover, billionaire Trace Weston. Skye thinks the danger is finally over for her.

She’s dead wrong.

When Trace’s past comes back to haunt him, Skye discovers that the man she loves isn’t quite who he seems to be. Trace has been leading a double-life. An ex-special forces agent, his military training turned him into the perfect killing machine. He made more than his share of enemies during his time in the military—and as he built his security empire—and one of those enemies is striking back.

He won’t lose her.

Skye is the one weapon that can be used against Trace—his only vulnerability. But he won’t let her go—he can’t. Trace will do anything necessary to protect Skye. Anything. Yet when she discovers the secrets that he’s tried to keep hidden, Skye’s pain and rage may send her running directly into the cross-hairs of a killer…

Review

Shesh...they just can't catch a break...after all the crazy in the first book they get a whole new set of crazy in this one. This obsessiveness with each other is fascinating and freaking scary at the same time...

In this book while we get to delve more into the past and how Skye and Trace meet we get to delve quite a bit more into Trace's past of who he was after he left Skye to join the military. We meet some of his former teammates and the betrayal they suffered at the hands of one of their own. And finally, Skye gets Trace to drop some of his perfectly honed control and can I just say WOW...pretty hot.

I was stunned when we find out who was involved...I had to go back a few pages and reread just to make sure it was not a mistake..and I love a book that I don't figure out unit the rest of the characters do.

I like the new characters we are introduced to, Noah, Drake and Claire...and I have to add, the scene where Claire and Noah meet was great.