Play by Play - short but sweet

Play by Play (A Play Makers Novella 1) - Kate Donovan

The Blurb

Former college football star Jake Dublin’s wildly popular sports blog also details his personal life. And lately it’s all about Sophie, the pretty young woman who just moved into his apartment building. His readers know her only as “Elevator Girl,” and they’re all rooting for Jake to score.

The blog posts and banter with his followers are all in good fun, and he fully intends to come clean with the woman he’s wooing and wowing. That is, until she confides that she grew up in a house full of jocks and even dated a few. Her verdict? Never again!

Jake knows he needs to confess. But somewhere along the line he fell in love with Sophie and can’t stand the thought of losing her. So he procrastinates, and blogs, and digs himself deeper into a hole, until it all leads to a showdown that’s so nail-biting, not even the best play-by-play guy could ever have seen it coming

Review

A little to short, but I really enjoyed this one. The romance was a bit rushed but it was still believable. I enjoyed that most of Jake's chapters were blog posts with comments. It was a fun quick read and I hope we get more in this series and hopefully a bit longer.

This book was provided by they Author/Publisher through NetGalley for an honest review