Embrace the Grim Reaper - Audio

Embrace the Grim Reaper  - Judy Clemens

The Book Blurb...

Casey Maldonado’s life is over – at least as she knows it.  In one brief moment of fire and wrenching metal, everything important was gone.  The car manufacturer was generous with its settlement, but it can never be enough.  Her family and friends – not to mention her lawyers – want her to go for more.  More money.  More publicity.  More everything.  But Casey is done.  No financial gain or courtroom retribution will bring back what really matters.  So she packs up, puts her house on the market, and leaves town.  Her only companion – Death, who won’t take her, but won’t leave her alone.

Stopping on a whim in Clymer, a small blue-collar town in the midst of Ohio farmland, Casey discovers a town wrapped in tragedy.  Not only is HomeMaker, the town’s appliance factory and main employer, moving to Mexico, but the town has been rocked by the suicide of a beloved single mother. Casey is drawn to the town, and soon realizes that many of the citizens don’t believe the verdict of suicide at all.  Death encourages her to investigate, and she uncovers information that points to the factory.  Was the victim’s death a cover-up?  Did she truly have the means – as she claimed – to keep the factory from leaving town? When Casey begins to receive messages that she should leave well enough alone, she decides she’d be better off back on the road, but the murderer can’t let her go with everything she knows…

So, I have had this book for a while, picked it up while it was free and then I forgot about it until I was playing with the whispersync match on amazon...the audio popped up at a really really good price and bonus, Tavia Gilbert was the narrator..it was so good I could not just listen to the audio for my commute, I ended up going back and forth between the two.

It was a good read that sucked me in from the beginning. I was having a love/hate relationship throughout the story, I hated not "having enough info" but on the other hand, I really loved finding everything out as Casey finds it out, I do wish we could have had more information on Casey's background but that is minor issue

Death...he was a very interesting character and it will be interesting to see what happens with them next.

The narration was great and I have to admit, that I did give this on a shot sooner rather then later because the narrator was Tavia Gilbert and I really like her narrations