Need (Need, #1) - Carrie Jones From Amazon:Zara collects phobias the way other high school girls collect lipsticks. Little wonder, since she's had a pretty rough life. Her father left when she was a baby, and her stepfather just died. Her mother's pretty much checked out - in fact, Mom's sent her to live with her grandmother in cold and sleepy Maine to "keep Zara safe." Whatever that means. Zara doesn't think she's in danger; she thinks her mother just can't deal.Zara's wrong. The man she sees everywhere - the tall creepy guy who points at her from the side of the road - yeh, he's not a figment of her imagination. He's a pixie. And not the cute, sweet kind with little wings. Maine's got a whole assortment of unbelievable creatures, like pixies and were-people. And they seem to need something - something from Zara…*************************This one is actually 2.5 stars....While I liked the premise of this and the story in general was okay......the reactions of Zara just seemed so out of character from how she was originally portrayed....and while I know this is fiction I still like my characters to have somewhat realistic responses, and Zara's responses were not consistent throughout the story.