Magic Bites  - Ilona Andrews This was actually a re-read, I had been on Ilona Andrew's website and was reading snippets and decided I needed a Kate and Curran fix...and decided to re-read the series in anticipation of the new one coming out this year.So this book alone is really more of a 3.5 star read but the series as a whole ROCKS so it will keep its 5 star rating.This is probably the hardest of the books to get through, it took me 3 try's before I got into it and I am glad I stuck with it. You can read the book blurb to get the gist of the story so I am not going to repeat it here. What I had a hard time with was the initial world building, it was a lot of information with no context so it was kinda like walking in on the middle of a conversation, but after the first few chapters everything kinda slid into place. The cast of characters you meet are the main one's throughout the series while there are some additions in later books these are the main people.It is an interesting world that is Tech and Magic and these vampires don't sparkle (I just had to throw that in there). Because I have read the whole series it is hard to think of what to write without giving anything away. I will say if you are a first time reader of the series don't give up on the first book and each book is better and better.The audio books for this series are awesome, Renee Raudman does the narration and she does a fabulous job.