Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) - Ilona Andrews Some favorite lines from this one:A shadow crossed Andrea’s face. “I don’t want to be his TWT-IHFB.” “What does that mean?” “That Weird Thing I Haven’t Fucked Before.”“His Majesty needs a can-I girl anyway. And I’m not it.” “A can-I girl?” Andrea frowned. I leaned back. “ ‘ Can I fetch you your food, Your Majesty? Can I tell you how strong and mighty you are, Your Majesty? Can I pick out your fleas, Your Majesty? Can I kiss your ass, Your Majesty? Can I . . .” It dawned on me that Raphael was sitting very still. Frozen, like a statue, his gaze fixed on the point above my head. “He’s standing behind me, isn’t he?” “Yep.” Eloquence ’R’ Us. When in trouble, keep it monosyllabic—safer that waySaiman sighed. “At the risk of sounding crude, wooing you is like playing basketball with a porcupine. No compliment goes unpunished.”“Your date appears to be hysterical,” Rene told me. “You think I should slap some man into him?”“The head of Pack’s security has gone rogue, Derek is near death, and you’re mated to the Beast Lord.”“No, I’m ranting for fun, because I’m a disagreeable bitch!”