Dying Bites (The Bloodhound Files, #1)

Dying Bites (The Bloodhound Files, #1) - D.D. Barant I am now hooked on another series (I need another series like a need a hole in the head)...I really enjoyed this one both the audio and the book. I like the parallel world, and how the histories are the same people (mostly) but different situations....I like the characters and Jace is pretty kick ass...this had everything I like, snark, humor, mystery, adventure...and Cassius....while he appears to be a "good guy" I'm still holding judgement on him...still need more background before I decide...and some of my favorite lines:Because, as we all know, nothing solves insomnia like a nice warm glass of regret, depression, and self-loathing.“You can bring three things with you,” the man says. He has no accent, but somehow that just reinforces the idea that he’s a foreigner. In fact, I’m sure this is the first time he’s ever been to my country. “The three things you feel are most instrumental to you doing your job. Choose carefully.” I’m pretty straightforward. I grab my handgun, my laptop, and the carton of ammunition I keep under my bed.Ah. If whisky is the water of life, coffee is the whisky of Nirvana. “Brain . . . activating,” I mutter. “Will to live . . . returning.”“I look over at him. He stares straight ahead."So," I say. "Golem, huh?""I prefer the term 'Mineral-American.”“Stubborn, too?” “Yes, ma’am,” he says with a smile. “Though I prefer the term ‘option recognition deficient.’Plausible deniability ain’t just a river in Egypt.”