Beyond Shame

Beyond Shame - Kit Rocha Wow! This book was quite a surprise. While I knew it had a lot of sex, m/f as well as f/f, m/f/m, and m/f/f/m. There is also exhibitionism, bondage and elements of D/s but it has a feel that matches the world and setting....I was uncertain of what to expect outside of that, as in was there an actual story or was it just about sex. I started with the audio to listen while at work and my commute and finished in the wee hours of the morning with the e-book..... I could not put it down and finished it the same day. I would like to add that the narrator for this one did a great job for the few chapters that I listened.So, I'm not going to repeat the book blurb cause you can read that yourself and there are plenty of reviews that explain the premise of the book in depth and they have done a much better job then I could have. I'm just going to give you my thoughts for what it worth.I really enjoyed all the characters we are introduced to but wish there was a bit more to the back story of how the world this is in became the way it was. Noelle, while frustrating at times was a very interesting character and it was amazing to watch her go from a somewhat helpless person thrust unknowingly into this new world to a person who finally understood her own worth. Jasper......Jasper,Jasper, Jasper.... While there were moments I thought he needed to be smacked over the head with a heavy blunt object...he was pretty hot and quite perfect for Noelle. Dallas & Lex have quite the chemistry and most of their interactions are very heated, they push each others buttons as can only be done by those who love you...I can't wait to start their book.So, all in all this was a pretty amazing story and it looks to be on of those that you either love or hate without a whole lot of middle ground.....I am on the love side and am going to leave you with some of my favorite lines:"I know it's not a lot of comfort right now, but the bad reminds you just how good everything else is. You've got to have both."His fingers tangled in her hair, but relaxed and slipped away without closing. "I want you." How many times had she heard those words in her dreams, memories mixed with a yearning fantasy that left her empty and wanting? "You had me," she whispered, clutching the package. "And you didn't just let me go. You shoved me away." Jasper nodded. "I did. I'm sorry. I think..." He looked away. "I didn't believe you were mine." "I was." She watched his profile, drinking in the sight of his face when she knew her next words might drive him away. "But I'm not anymore. I belong to myself, and I'm not going to give that up casually again.""But no one can hurt you more than someone you love. So I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth the risk."She'd have to trust Jasper, knowing he was human. Knowing he could hurt her, even when he didn't mean to. She'd have to trust that he'd do his best, and make amends when his best wasn't enough. She'd have to trust herself to tell him when she needed something he couldn't possibly know to give.love is trust and need and always feeling better when I'm with you...I love you."