Winning Glory ~ Audiobook

Winning Glory (GenTech Rebellion Book 1) - Ann Gimpel, Jennifer Hassani, Fiona Jayde

Written by: Ann Gimpel

Narrated by: Daniel Dorse

Length: 5 hrs and 56 mins

Unabridged Audiobook

Release Date:08-10-15

Publisher: Ann Gimpel and Dream Shadow Press

This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBlast.com

This is both a new to me author and new to me narrator.  Winning Glory was a good listen and a good start to the series.  The detail to genetics and experimental science is a bit mind boggling but that is what makes a good storyteller.

Glory is a genetically engineered human who is under lock and key in a compound in Washington by the genetically engineered males (AKA The Nameless Ones)   All the women seem to be kept somewhat downtrodden by The Nameless Ones.  Glory makes an unplanned escape from her compound, she makes it all the way to the Midwest when she runs into Roy a CIA Agent the has been hunting and killing the Nameless Ones since the Rebellion 7 years ago, he and his team have been enhanced with injections so they have similar powers to the Nameless Ones.

Pretty much at the end of her rope, Glory walks into a diner in the middle of a snowstorm, Roy buys her dinner and gives her a lift, initially thinking she is running from an abuser, and in a way she is….just not the type of abuse he is initially thinking of.  Roy and  Glory end up working together to rescue the other women from her compound, at lest the ones that will come with them…she trains with Roy’s team and helps them unlock some of their powers and discovers more of her own….and falls in love along the way.

Quite a bit of action, a good amount of suspense and the story kept me interested from start to finish.

Daniel Dorse did a good job on the narration….the only voice I did not care for was the voice he gave Roy….not sure why….can’t say that I know what Roy should sound like…but…..that bit aside I thought he did a great job of telling the story.

I am looking forward to the other girls stories and also looking forward to trying some of the other works by Ann Gimpel.