Black Dog Blues ~ Audiobook

Black Dog Blues: The Kai Gracen Series, Book 1 - Rhys Ford, Greg Tremblay, DSP Publications

Written by: Rhys Ford

This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBlastCom

The only disappointing thing about this book is that the next one is not out yet.  Rhys Ford is a new to me author that I have wanted to try and after this book I am hooked.  This is very much an urban fantasy and there are hints at romance in the future there is not really any in this story.  The world reminded me a bit of the Kate Daniels world….with the merging of the Fae/Elfin lands into our world.

Kai is an elfin Stalker. This is unusual because of the war that happened between humans and elfin kind, while no longer at war there still seems to be a lot of conflict between the two. Most humans either shun them or want to be them. Kai does not see himself as elfin and when we finally find out how he was raised/treated before Dempsey got him– he has good reason to stay away from all sidhe – light or dark (and my heart broke a little for him when we found out everything that was done…).

Kai…..I was not certain I would like him but his surly, sarcastic and prickly personality grew on me.  Ryder was interesting and while I liked him, he did not stand out much to me, he really needs to step up his game.  It will be interesting to see where they go from here…..but I can’t wait to find out.

Greg Tremblay is a new to me narrator and I really enjoyed listening to him, the voices that he gave the characters, each was distinct and you knew who was speaking and he really pulled of the various accents and lack of accents well….one thing that can ruin a listen for me is an accent done wrong (if you can’t do it right then don’t do one at all).  I look forward to trying more of Rhys Ford’s books that he narrates.