Body Art: A Thriller ~Audio Book

Body Art - Jordan Castillo Price

This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBlast dot com.

Book Blurb

Does everyone have a certain "type" they end up with, whether they want to or not? If Ray Carlucci's ex is anything to go by, Ray likes his men gorgeous, rebellious, and chock-full of issues. But now that Ray is single again, he has a shot at a fresh start - a very fresh start, since his tattoo shop was gutted by repo men and he can fit all his belongings in the trunk of a taxi.

Ray's shiny new chauffeur's license lands him a job as a driver for an elderly couple on Red Wing Island. It's a cold fall, and since the Michigan island is the summer home to snowbirds who fly south for the winter, it's practically deserted - save for Ray's new household and a sculptor named Anton Kopec, who works day and night twisting brambles and twine into the distorted shapes of macabre creatures. Compelling, bizarre, and somewhat disturbing...not just the sculptures, but the artist, too. Ray has a feeling Anton is just his "type".

When a dead body is unearthed by some workers and a freak ice storm traps them all on the island, Ray can't say for certain that his new flame isn't capable of murder - despite their scorching chemistry.

©2009 Jordan Castillo Price (P)2015 Jordan Castillo Price

My Thoughts

This is the first book by Jordan Castillo Price that I have read; her Turbulence & PsyCops series have been on my TBR for quite a while, just a case of to many books and not enough time.  So I see this one available on Audiobook Blast and think hey this looks good and just the motivation to get started right away.

This was a good book and really did keep me guessing until the end on “who done it”.  I did like Ray and Anton, but the story was to short to really get invested in the characters.  So an enjoyable listen but just a bit to short.  The secondary characters were also interesting and would have like to know a bit more about them.

Gomez Pugh is a new to me narrator, and at first I was not sure about his voice/narration, but in the end I decided his voice for the characters was a good match and suited the characters, I really enjoyed listening to him tell the story.  I am happy to see that he is the narrator for the PsyCop series.