Light My Fire ~ Audiobook

Light My Fire: Dragon Kin, Book 7 - G.A. Aiken, Morgan Hallett Light My Fire - G.A. Aiken

Title: Light My Fire (Dragon Kin 7)
Author: G.A. Aiken
Narrators: Morgan Hallett
Publisher/Date: Recorded Books February 23, 2015
Format Listened to: Audio CD

15 Hours / 13 CD’s

The trouble with humans is that they're far too sensitive. Forget you put a woman in the local jail for a few months - and she takes it so personally! And yet she is the one trying to assassinate the queen. And now I'm trapped with Elina Shestakova of the Black Bear Riders of the Midnight...gods! That endless name!

But what am I to do? I am Celyn the Charming with direct orders from my queen to protect this unforgiving female.

Even more shocking, this unforgiving female is completely unimpressed by me. How is that even possible? But I know what I want and, for the moment, I want her. And I'm sure that she, like all females, will learn to adore me. How could she not when I am just so damn charming?

I LOVE the Dragon Kin Series, it is just so fun to read.  I was looking forward to Celyn’s story and I was not disappointed.  As much as I like Celyn I just loved Elina Shestakova of the Black Bear Riders of the Midnight Mountains of Despair in the Far Reaches of the Steppes of the Outerplains.  She was fabulous and I loved how she kept Celyn just a bit off balance.  While she was a bit hard on him at times, he really did deserve it.

One thing that is very nice about this series is that while the main focus is for the “specific” couple, we get updated on the other characters we have come to love, especially (at least for me) Dagmar and Gwenvale and their many, many children (their story is my favorite).  It was good to see the others as well and I am really looking forward to Gaius’ story, he really is going to have his hands full with Kachka.

Morgan Hallett did a great job with the narration, while some of the voices sound the same it is still pretty easy to figure out who is who.  I look forward to hearing more from her.