Dying for a Living ~ Audiobook

Unabridged Audiobook

Release Date:09-16-14

Publisher: Timberlane Press

Format Listened to: Audible Download

On the morning before her 67th death, it is business as usual for Jesse Sullivan: meet with the mortician, counsel soon-to-be-dead clients, and have coffee while reading the latest regeneration theory. Jesse dies for a living, literally. As a Necronite, she is one of the population's rare 2% who can serve as a death replacement agent, dying so others don't have to. Although each death is different, the result is the same: a life is saved, and Jesse resurrects days later with sore muscles, new scars, and another hole in her memory. But when Jesse is murdered and becomes the sole suspect in a federal investigation, more than her freedom and sanity are at stake. She must catch the killer herself - or die trying.

I liked the world this story is set in, I read a lot and it is something new that I have not read/listened to before.  This book does start out slow (or at least for me it was) and it took a bit before I really liked or cared about any of the characters.  It was probably at about 50-60% that it finally pulled me in and kept me at the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next.  Jesse was eventually very likeable, her snarky sarcastic personality grew on me.  I have to say I really liked Lane and Ally and the other characters.  They were all interesting without taking away from the main characters.  I can’t wait to see where the story goes next and what twists and turns we are in for.

While her voice seems familiar Hollie Jackson is a new to me narrator.  She did a great job on the voices and I could easily differentiate all the characters.   I look forward to listening to other books that she has narrated