Tempting Danger ~ Graphic Audio

Graphic Audio

Release Date: June 1,  2013

Approximate Running Time: 8 Hours

Audiobook provided by Graphic Audio via Audiobook Reviewer for an honest review

A bold new world where the magical and mundane co-exist in an uneasy alliance--and a cop balanced on her own knife-edged struggle is their only hope against a cold-blooded killer.

Lily Yu is a San Diego police detective investigating a series of grisly murders that appear to be the work of a werewolf. To hunt down the killer, she must infiltrate the clans. Only one man can help her--a were named Rule Turner, a prince of the lupi, whose charismatic presence disturbs Lily. Rule has his own reasons for helping the investigation--reasons he doesn't want to share with Lily. Logic and honor demand she keep her distance, but the attraction between them is immediate and devastating-and beyond human reason. Now, in a race to fend off evil, Lily finds herself in uncharted territory, tested as never before, and at her back a man who she's not sure she can trust.

I remember reading this book a couple of years ago, and I recall that I liked it but it seemed to be missing something….I don’t recall what (stupid me did not do a review at the time) but that something that makes you want to devour every book in the series back to back seemed to be missing.  I had every intention of continuing the series but as my TBR list got longer and longer this one just got set further and further back.  Now I know why, I was waiting for the graphic audio so I would have that full cast narration that just adds so much more to the storytelling.  I LOVED the graphic audio for this story.  The narration was great and the voices really seemed to fit the characters.  I found the story to be much more engaging with this then simply reading it and cannot wait to move on to the rest of the series.

I’m not going to go into the details of what the book is about, if your reading this review you have most likely read the blurb on the book above so I’m not going to try to reword it.  One thing that really stood out for me with this is the main character, Lily Yu.  I have not read to many books (Urban Fantasy or others) with the heroine being Asian American and since it is not something I see/read often I found it very refreshing.  I liked Rule as well, when I initially read the book the whole “chosen” one did not really work for me but having the story narrated seemed to make a difference for me.  There were a lot of secondary characters and some of it was hard to keep track of….like what happened to the two magic users Cullen was with that the church group was looking for when they found him?  Probably not important but that lack of follow up on them stands out to me.  I enjoyed following Lily’s process to solve the murders and come to grips with “being a chosen” and watching Rule try to give Lily the space and time she needed to come to grips with who they were to each other.  I really want to know more about Grandmother…..hopefully we get to see more of her and learn some of her secrets in future books.

One of my favorite lines from the story is while Rule is speeding from Clan home back into the City

“Lily cursed under her breath. He glanced at her, and pleasure fled. "I'll slow down. You're pale." "I turn Caucasian at ninety miles an hour and up. Pay no attention."

I know this type of narration would not work for all stories….but part of me wishes that all books could have this type of full cast narration….it just gives some much more “oomph” to the storytelling.  So go on and get the graphic audio….you know you want too