Sold to the Dragons ~ Audio

Unabridged Audiobook

Release Date:03-04-15

Publisher: BMB Digital Lt

Book Blurb

In a dystopian future, fertile women are so hard to come by that they are now bought and sold for huge sums of money across the world. You could say that women are now the new currency. Curvy Kira Southerly is one of the few remaining fertile women left on the planet and she has resigned herself to the fate of being sold.

However, she had no idea she would end up being sold to two young and handsome bachelors named Blake and Steven. They are both dragon shifters and they are intent on mating with her and producing a baby as soon as possible.

With not enough fertile women to go around the brothers have no choice but to share the curvy beauty among themselves. Something that allows Kira to fulfill her every sexual fantasy....

Being sold to dragons should not be this much fun, should it?

Story

The story had a lot of potential, I liked the premise, it was just not executed very well.  Some of the issues I have with the story; there is no explanation for how the dragon shifters came about, just the world had some extreme weather heat and cold, women have become less fertile and then wow, suddenly there are dragons, so world building could have been a bit better.  When we first meet Kira she is very likeable but not so much further in, there were a few TSTL moments and then the whole “I’m not worthy to be a mother, to be with Steven or Blake, I have to prove myself” spiel had me rolling my eyes. The other issue that took away from the enjoyment of the story was the excessive use of so many clichés;  “my most sensitive spot” “my femininity/parts/folds, lips” (used 30ish times), “stiff/steel rod” “erect/stiffened/stiffening manhood”.  This is supposed to be erotica and be sexy and the use of all the cliché words just made me cringe and to me was not sexy at all.  I was also disappointed with how it ended/wrapped up

I was thinking through the whole thing that she would end up pregnant with twins and both brothers being the father so she would not have to choose….I mean throughout the whole story she talks about how much she loves both Steven and Blake and how she cannot decide and then all of a sudden she realizes only one of them is for her…

(show spoiler)

Narration

I thought the narrator sounded familiar so went back to my audible library to see if I had listened to her before, she narrated a short story I listened to last year.  I think her narration has improved from the issues I had previously and in this book I thought she did a good job.  My complaint is mostly Steven’s voice, while Blake and the other male characters seemed to have a “normal” tenor to the voice, the one she gave Steven made him seem smarmy, …on occasion she slipped into that same tone when speaking as Blake,

So all in all the story was not as good as I wanted it to be and for me is 1.5 Stars, the narration was good and for me averages a 2.5/3 stars.

Audiobook provided by Narrator for an honest review